History

The company’s history dates back to the 1920’s when the founder, Basil Ambrose Green, started his construction company after completion of Lawrence’s Eldridge Hotel for the Mont Green Construction Company from Manhattan, Kansas. His first project was North Corbin Hall at the University of Kansas and he continued building many Lawrence landmarks thereafter. B.A. Green was incorporated as The B.A. Green Construction Co., Inc. in 1948.

Notable University of Kansas projects constructed in the company’s history included Watkins Hospital, Watson Library Renovation, Fraser Hall, Hoch Auditorium, Spencer Museum, Robinson Gymnasium, Hashinger Hall, Malott Hall, Military Science Building, Kansas Union Additions and Renovations. Local structures have included the Lawrence/ Douglas County- Judicial and Law Enforcements Center, Lawrence Public Library, and the Douglas County Bank- Main Facility.

Now in the third generation of family ownership, brothers Tracy, Mike, Tim and Mark Green carry on ownership of the firm.